Monday, March 23, 2009

Auburn Vet School Interview

Thanks for all the support I recieved from you guys! It was greatly needed and helped me a lot.

My interview went really well, and I was very happy with it. While I don't know how it compared to everyone else's, I just know that I did my best and that I have no regrets with how it went. I didn't really get too nervous, especially when I think about all the other applicants in the waiting room with me. Talk about nervous.. some people's faces were so white I thought they might pass out before it even started. But it helped that the interviewers were very nice and kept the interview fairly casual.

So let me try to write out all the questions that I remember they asked me.
- Tell us about your childhood, and growing up
- How are you doing in your classes- they went through each of my current classes
- What do you think your future career as a veterinarian will be
- Describe the day in the life of a veterinarian
- What would you do if you saw one of your fellow classmates cheating on a test
- What would you do if a client came in for a second opinion and you saw that the veterinarian had seriously messed up an operation on this animal, and you find out that this is not the first of his mistakes
- How do you feel about the animals you would practice on in vet school, knowing full well that you will be killing them at the end of the surgery.
- How do you feel about using animals for research and teaching
- Given the fact that we have many qualified applicants, what makes you so unique and special that we should pick you over the others
- After 4 years of vet school on top of your 4 years undergrad, how do you plan to pay for your education
- What are some of the ways veterinarians keep our food supply safe
- Are you going to be able to handle drawing blood, inserting catheters, surgery etc. etc.
- Is there anything else you would like to mention or explain about yourself before you leave
- Do you have any questions for us about anything.

There we probably several more, but those are the only ones that I can remember. The interview ended up lasting about 35 minutes, which was quite a bit longer than other people's that averaged around 20-25 minutes. Maybe I talked too much? If you want to know more, just ask me.

They will be sending out letters sometime this week so I should know one way or the other hopefully no later than next Monday. But I will keep you all posted.

No comments: